Thirteen of My Favorite Things — Like You Really Needed to Know This:
- My favorite food is the comfort offering of pot roast, rice, gravy, corn, green beans, and buttered rolls. There is simply nothing better on this earth.
- I love music, so picking a favorite anything when it comes to music is difficult, but my favorite song, overall, is “Seasons of Love” from “Rent”. Come on, you know the one…525,600 minutes…
- My favorite character from “Rocky Horror Picture Show” is Columbia. And yes, I dressed up as her for many, many midnight showings.
- My three favorite contemporary novels are “The Lovely Bones,” by Alice Sebold, “The Little Friend,” by Donna Tartt, and “The Nanny Diaries,” by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus. (As a side note, I am totally distressed over the choice of Scarlett Johannssen to play the lead in the Nanny Diaries movie. But they didn’t ask my opinion.)
- My favorite time of day is early in the morning, before anyone else is up.
- My favorite food item that I can never run out of is General Foods International Coffee in the Cafe Vienna flavor. It goes perfectly with #5.
- My favorite section of the newspaper is the sports section. I can usually get through that without crying.
- My favorite ‘thingie’ these days is my cool new pink cellphone.
- My favorite day is Sunday.
- My favorite sound is my daughter’s laugh. Not that I don’t like my son’s. But she has this laugh-giggle thing that just gives me chills. In a good way.
- My favorite season is fall — leaves, football, cool temps, beautiful colors, football, bonfires, football. . .
- My favorite sport is…football.
- My favorite thing about this list is that it’s over.